Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Born on the 4th of July


Today is my brother Mike’s 80th birthday. HAPPY BIRTHDAY, BROTHER! It is also his and his wife Freda’s 60th wedding anniversary. HAPPY ANNIVERSARY, GUYS!
      Mike, our sister tells me you are still crazy about gangster movies. I seem to remember how excited you older boys were when Dad bought that ‘37 Packard, “black sedan,” and how it was just like the cars the gangsters drove in the movies. Remember that? I didn’t know what you guys were talking about at the time, but I found out later when I discovered all those old movies in theatrical re-releases and, still later, on television. Now I’m crazy about ‘em, too, and have a bunch of them in my DVD library.
     I‘m sending you a collection of some of those old films for your ‘BIG EIGHT-O,” Mike. You should be receiving them in the next week or so. Hope you will enjoy watching them over and over again, as I do, and don’t already have most or all of them already. If so, sorry!
     Soon, think I will blog about some of my favorite gangster films. Watch for it. Happy Day, big brother and family!
      ‘Bye!

1 comment:

  1. Hey, this is your Little Sister here. I want to put my two-cents in on this blog. Happy 80th Birthday, Brother! Happy Anniversary, Mike & Freda, and Happy July 4th to the whole family. Wish we could be there for the big celebration, but we'll be thinking of you. I love Roy's blog - I'm so happy to finally have this on record. It is our history that when you boys get together, the conversation very soon turns to the movies as a point of reference, "Oh, that reminds, did you see that movie . . . ?" Love it! Love you guys. Have a great 4th everyone. -- Little Sis

    ReplyDelete